Legal/Court Forms


Student Legal Services Forms

Waiver of Confidentiality

This form will allow your Student Legal Service attorney to speak with a parent or other person if you so wish. Please read it carefully, and do not sign it until you are in the presence of a Notary Public and they tell you it is okay to sign.

Waiver of Confidentiality (pdf)


Champaign County Traffic Safety Program

The Traffic Safety Program application form has fill-in fields, yes/no fields, etc., to be used if you are applying by U.S. mail or in person at the courthouse. Print it out after you fill in the entire form.

You may also apply online. See Section 7 of the application form for instructions.

Traffic Safety Program Application Form (pdf)

SR-22 Insurance

If the Court requires you to get SR-22 insurance, download the information here:


Champaign County Circuit Court Forms


Expungement forms and instructions are available from the Champaign County Circuit Clerk. The Request to Expunge Packet (pdf) is available for download.

After filling out all that you are able to, fill out and submit an SLS intake form (General) in order to be able to set up an appointment to consult with an SLS attorney.

Dissolution of Marriage/Divorce

Student Legal Service does not handle divorces; however, the attorneys can advise you generally about the process and assist you in filling out forms on the Circuit Clerk's website.

Access Commonly Used Case Forms. Scroll down to find the forms. If you have children, you cannot use these forms.

Begin by reading through the Dissolution of Marriage Packet(pdf), the first document in the list.

See also, Self-Help Information/Legal Aid for walk-in hours of operation and what kinds of matters they can assist you with for filling out forms.

Changing Your Name

The Circuit Clerk's website has a Name Change Packet (pdf) available if you want to do it yourself.

If you want Student Legal Service to handle it for you, please fill out and submit the intake form "Name Change" on our website to set up an appointment to meet with an attorney. You must come in to the SLS offices, 217-324-326 Illini Union with your i-card to set one up.

The current cost to file a Petition for Name Change is $248.00 (Spring 2019). The cost to place an ad in a newspaper of general circulation, for example The News-Gazette in Champaign, is approximately $70.00 at this time.

If you are not a current student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or you prefer to do it on your own, you can use the forms in the link above.

Application for Fee Waiver

An application for a fee waiver may be filed with the Champaign County Circuit Clerk for those who are unable to proceed in action without payment of fees, costs, and charges, and payment of those charges by the person in question would result in substantial hardship.

You can download the Application for Waiver of Court Fees (pdf).


None of the information on this page or this website is copyrighted.